Parish History

The Church of the Ascension and Saint Agnes (ASA) was created in 19xx when  Ascension Parish, formally organized on March 1, 1845, merged with  Saint Agnes Parish, founded in 18xx. Ascension and Saint Agnes Parish occupy the buildings at 12th Street and Massachusetts Avenue, NW, that had housed the old Ascension Parish. The images of Christ the King and Saint Agnes, the crucifix and lamp over the Saint Agnes altar,  the stations of the cross, and our traditional Anglo-Catholic liturgy are our heritage from the old Saint Agnes Parish.

Ascension Parish

IN THE 1840s, Washington, D.C., was an area that Charles Dickens called “a city of magnificent intentions.”  Others were less charitable, describing it as “an ill-contrived, ill-arranged, rambling, scrambling village”. . . .  Read more >>>

Saint Agnes Parish

Lorem ipsum . . . .

Merger of Ascension and Saint Agnes Parishes

Lorem ipsum . . . .